The Auxiliary is a “Not-For-Profit” organization
Members of The Auxiliary are all volunteers
The Auxiliary was formed in 1947 and has been active since. It is noteworthy that three members (current and past) of the MGH Auxiliary have won the prestigious Governor General’s award for meritorious volunteering. This is the highest recognition given to volunteers in Canada.
The Auxiliary has raised over $7 million since it was formed. This money has been used towards patient care and comfort, as per its mandate.
The Auxiliary works closely with the Montreal General Hospital Foundation in the management of its funds.
Six retail operations at the MGH are managed by The Auxiliary:
The Gift Shop
Two cafés, located in the Cedar and Pine Avenue entrances of the hospital
A top-notch catering service located within the hospital
The Book Nook in the Cedar Avenue lobby